May 7, 2009

Mute-folded (poem)

Sometimes, we can’t take to keep our silence. We want to speak, but there is great danger in speaking. Silence is safety, but speech gives us the relief. This poem is a written scream, amidst a world where stillness is a necessity.

Mute-folded is actually a word I coined from the word blind-folded, which I define as a case of being unable to speak because something is preventing it to. :) hope you appreciate my humble work of art. Haha :lol:

Mute-folded

This culture is a veil
That keeps my mouth covered
And where speech once prevailed
All tongues are now severed
I, who had my vocals,
Can’t speak of what is right
Never was I enthralled
For freedom sleeps at night.

A warrior in a barque
Against a mighty ship
Fighting the great white shark,
A goldfish in the deep
A cretin to debate
An educated man
Tragedy is their fate
May life swiftly be done

I am born with my tongue
To say things and make noise
To scream “yipee’s” and “bang’s”
To talk things of my choice
But when a gunshot fires
Why should I be silent?
Just let my words expire
And hide in teguments?

When I speak for my own
I risk great ridicule
Everything, I’ll disown
For that’s against the rule
When these rules are not right
When these things suppress you
Who will be there to fight,
To make things good and true?

Yes, I am very scared
To scream out my own heart
For If this thoughts to share
My life will soon depart
A bullet in my chest
An arrow in my head
Suffer the bloodiest
Or keep silent instead

Speak those great words, oh speak!
For someone is listening
Speak! Don’t say you’re weak!
It’s your right of speaking!
Lugubrious, indeed!
Inequality’s here.
Speak and no one will heed
Except for guns and spears!

My two eyes are not blind
But a part of me’s dead
My tongue just can’t speak
And I am mute-folded
The cloth is my weakness
The knot is the people
My fear gives it tightness
And pure silence to all.

No comments: