May 1, 2009

Love Defined (poem)

My love is not a sham;
It is nothing but true.
You feel it in my arms,
My touch spells love to you
You are a part of mine
Not just an equipment.
You’re my poems every line;
You are all flowers’ scent.

My love is not assigned;
It will seek by itself.
It’s looking for the sign,
A bright spark from myself.
Love doesn’t grow on text
Nor on Friendster accounts;
Love doesn’t crave for sex
Nor shining bank accounts

My love is not a game;
It is not child’s play.
My love is not for fame;
It is not for high pays.
When in this crazy world,
True love becomes erased,
Get hold of my hand, girl,
We’ll put back the lost grace.

I never ask a girl,
“Can you be my girlfriend?”
When I first knew her world
On the last ten seconds.
I never boast the word
That I am all alone,
And even more absurd
“Need girls to be my own”.

True love comes before need;
It is not a statement,
It is a call you heed;
Not a forced commitment.
Having girlfriends are cool
As society portrays.
Behold! You are so fooled!
Love is not your own say.

A true love doesn’t count
All the days, months and years;
It is not on amounts
That true love becomes clear.
The thoughts do make it true
As corny as it seems,
Not the sent “I Love You’s”
Or great valentine schemes.

And lastly I would say,
My love is permanent.
Break my heart everyday
Or scream discouragements,
I would still call you “Mine”
For you still have my heart,
All the stars, you outshine
You fill my missing part.

No comments: