April 28, 2009

I Wave an Arc (poem)

There was a home where I
used to be so happy;
There was a chair where i
socialized joyfully.
There was a time when I
don’t tend to get sleepy
For what is on my mind
are my classmates, truly.
The nine months fast vanished
and is now called the past.
The final month is here.
Why did it come so fast?
How playful is Chronos
to forward time so swift
And how hurtful it is
to see it go and drift
As I cross out the days
on our calendar
As I daze out the skies
and take a peek at stars
They resemble the pearls
that make my classmates see
The two spherical eyes
filled with glitters of glee.
The days are near its end;
schedules going hectic
Sleepless, gloomy nights
and days of great panic.
Projects that are copious
with annoying deadlines
But in a week or two
Everything would be fine.
O, how I wish it’s true
that everything’s accord
Normal in all actions,
and right to every word
Behind my greatest laughs
are thoughts that this is last.
Behind my jolly cheers
are silvers turned to rust.
Twenty crosses on March
alarms me greatly now
The days are running out,
I need to move somehow
Vacation is approaching,
students should be happy
But on my lonely mind,
it is a tragedy.
Goodbye to our classroom
the place of great laughter
The home of affection
and everyone’s shelter
Goodbye to my classmate,
the sources of my strength,
The painters of my fate,
the measure of my length!
Each classmate is a friend
a brother, a sister
like when you needed help,
feeling like you’ll totter,
A helping hand will reach,
offering with delight.
And it will pull you up,
sets you ready for flight.
The sun had set and rise
and the cycle resumes
And as I wave an arc,
there’s one thing I assumed.
These farewells I’m tracing,
by my hands, to the air
Might be sent to someone
Who gave me love and care.
I’ll miss you my classmates
I’ll treasure you like Gold.
Thanks for the memories
for it will not grow old.
Forever it will stay
and dwell in my touched heart
For what you drew on me
is a great piece of art.

No comments: