April 8, 2009

My Midnight Dance (poem)

My Midnight Dance
By WhitePanorama :D

The solid roof is wet, the rain is pouring hard,
Inside there is no fret for this day's a reward
The bulbs were all alight spreading great joy throughout
With the dance floor in sight, lovers went in and out

While the charming lyrics play in melodious tones
And dimly-lit optics makes the whole night our own.
Light balls that are colored, spin in dazzling motion;
Suddenly the whole world was filled with affection.

And in their formal wear, I pay my eyes to them
the girls in curly hairs where all lust have thier stems
The boys in coat and ties are reaching out their hands
To girls who, in their eyes, are priceless magic wands.

The formal dinner's through, a fish fillet consumed
A glass of drink or two, a roast beef colored gloom,
A maple chicken meal, a vegetable delight,
Finishing the whole deal completes half of the night.

My two hands get clammy, and they were shaking fast.
I am spreading lilies as I eye on my crush
She is sitting idle waiting for somebody
To complete her day well and make her a lady.

I stretched my knees bravely and stood up on my feet.
I should dance my lady, no matter how imfit!
No matter how ashamed or secretive I am!
Love is such a hard game; I'm ready to play some!

I walked the feary steps, slowly accosting her.
I thought I should have slept so this day won't occur.
But here I am right now, a few feet from the point,
my head is firmly bowed, and glue is on my joints.

I can't move! I can't move! I'm overly nervous!
Have no moves and no grooves, totally fatuous!
How can I dance someone as fair as goddesses
When you're only in one of the low-class races?

Alas! I got the courage! And with that done, I stalked.
And it has been ages since I started my walk.
Her posture was so great, it captivates more boys.
Her walking is so straight and she does it with poise.

Luck was quickly drifted by a forceful current.
In the blues it fainted, made my sadness present.
“O the night was not mine,” my sad soul slowly said.
“Just sit down and don’t whine, drink some water instead.”

Another hand has caught the heart of my lady;
I’m like an astronaut, floating in all empty.
My mind’s fading away like a rock in the space,
And pearls of tears roll down, hydrating my sad face.

Hopelessly, I watch them, do silly things myself:
Sing the nation’s anthem or talk to Santa’s elves.
Everything I will do to calm my lonely heart;
What’s happening is true, accepting it is hard.

Music was still playing, romantic was the mood;
In my seat, I’m praying that they sit down for good.
I deeply close my eyes wish this night be all done.
Inside I pressurize, and it had made me run.

I opened the door wide, breathe deeply in and out.
I really have to hide; the pressure makes me shout.
And I started screaming to the top of my lungs,
“Am I only dreaming? This nightmare is not fun!”

I’m blaming the heavens for what is happening,
For I’m in an oven, panicking and burning!
Then, calmly, I went in, and saw that they’re still there,
And to the chair I lean, spectating at nowhere.

And to my great surprise, somebody tapped my back.
I turned and my two eyes broke open all its locks.
I saw a friendly girl from whom I know a lot.
She changed my entire world, but all I did is strut.

“Hey! Why you look so sad? Uhmmm, don’t you wanna dance?
Do not act like you’re mad, give happiness a chance.
Please stand up, let’s dance now, enjoy this unique night.
Start to smile and don’t frown, you’re giving me a fright!”

With efforts, she pulled me and it made me stand up.
The way she approached me is making my ears clap
She lifted up my world, and now I wear a smile.
She may not be my girl, at least she spent a while.

A while of dancing me is an hour of gladness
It’s total fantasy in its real existence!
And a conversation made my heart jump in beat;
It is one sensation I would like to repeat.

As she hold my hand tight, as the songs were each played.
As the floor receives light, as great love is relayed.
I think deep to my brain, and started concluding,
“Crushes might bring you pain, friends will bring you loving”

Every lovely moment of that dance, of that night,
Made up a monument of friendship in all rights.
As my great midnight dance lifted up my spirit,
Looking at the entrance, I can say, “It’s worth it.”

No comments: