January 1, 2011

The Top 50 Things That Changed My Life This 2009 (Part VIII)

For a recap:
50. Mass Card
49. Spider Solitaire
48. Ma'am Joy's Birthday
47. Typhoon Pepeng
46. Childhood Friends Reunion
45. Annabeth's Birthday
44. Grand Palazzo Real
43. Birthday Movie
42. Field Trip
41. Closing Party - Gold
40. Tumblr
39. Kuliti
38. Backmasking Frenzy
37. Gapan, Nueva Ecija
36. Plurk
35. O2Jam
34. Friendster
33. One Town One Product (OTOP)
32. Jesus Our Victory Church
31. Pagemaker 2009
30. WhitePanorama
29. St. Cecilia's Auditoriu,
28. First Day of Classes
27. Mt. Samat
26. Juniors-Seniors Promenade
25. Poems
24. Mt. Arayat
23. Cheerdance
22. MP3
21. Photoshop
20. The Lyre
19. Chowking and Siomai House
18. Yearbook
17. FTalk
16. Antigone
15. Ako ang Kriminal
14. Battle of the Bands
13. Class Funds

12. Gold Forums
Twelfth on my countdown is Gold Forums, the forum that kept me busy on April, and the forum that made me release my amateur Photoshopic thinking, my feeble composing skills.. and fasten my dot-dot-system typing skills.

The Gold Forums, located in gold0809.forumotion.com, is my Internet home for a few weeks. I got really hooked in posting that my post count actually peaked at 250 posts a day. Hahaha. :D And that’s when I have not gotten my social life. Haha. There are lots of things to post to, there is an anime thread, Cleaners thread, the Class Funds thread, music threads and lots and lots of cool threads to talk about. There is even a Surveys and Quizzes board, wherein just one click, you’ll get access to loads of surveys and quizzes to answer when you are completely bored. Haha

But moreover, it is the people out there that makes me stick to the forum. From the boastful Admin, haha, to the most active goldminers out there, namely Annie and Rodjeilyn. Annie became my detective partner in out investigating quest on Rodjeilyn, also known as Daboy, who has a secret past as a boy?! Wth. Hahaha. I miss the bondings there, though we really do not see each other, through those avatars, those chemical elements avatar.

I miss the threads wherein one page gets occupied by only one poster.. over spammy.. hahaa. And because of the great volume of threads to reply on, with everything going off-topic, I tend to forget what to reply and where the story has ended. Haha.

I miss posting threads of my Tagalized song.. haha.. that’s where I find appreciation. I miss posting poems, wherein the people there read it and appreciate to. Other posters on the forum are Vhinna,Kareejil, Julia and Annabeth, with the last one also posting poems too. Julia on the other hand posts dramatic words, while Kareejil shares her opinion straight out.

The Gold Forums got me addicted. The whole day, the whole night, I was like posting there 24/7. Hahaa. I want to increase and increase my post count.. and I do not want to lose my title: “Superior Goldminer”.

I made new new new relationships on the forum. I got closer to Annie and Daboy, like never before. Now, we have our group, the oldie group. And I got my new nickname, Daboy calls me manong for being forgetful and Annie considers me as one of her three ojii-san. (Ojii-san is the Japanese translation of grandfather.) haha. Memories. Memories.

11. Yahoo! Messenger
Introducing, the application that connected me to the whole world. Haha. :D Yahoo! Messenger.

I have known this application since I was in first year high school, but it was only on 2009 when it started to have a great impact on my life. With the dawn of Internet connectivity on our home this year, Yahoo! Messenger (or YM for short) grew as a daily necessity for me.

Every morning, the first thing I do, (except for breathing and going to the comfort room…) is to open the computer and open YM. Haha. YM has since been a way of connecting with friends, even at home, for free (except for the Internet fees and the electric bills).

Chatting had already become a habit for me, with my frequent chatmates being Annie, Rodjeilyn, Vhinna, Alvin and Jefran. Who can’t resist the BUZZ!!!? Hahaha :D and that very familiar yellow smiley face with an overly huge smile. The emoticons are also cool. Haha. Can’t tell you my favorite. Haha.

YM status messages has also became a statement for many. This is where you put what you are doing, but for many, including me, this is where I put what my mind is thinking, where I advertise my blog, where I share some songs and where I release my emotions. Haha. :D

If you are down and depressed, go online at YM and you’ll find friends ready to comfort you – day, night or even at 3am. Haha :D

YM, this year, took its fame around February and March, when everyone started to conference. With the medieval role play on A.P. and the issue of class funds, people started talking in secrecy to conferences. This is where group of people discuss and share thoughts.

10. NOman and Tulorista
Ranking it at number ten are two major groups inside the classroom: Noman, the bigger one, I do not know who is the founder, and Tulorista, the one that I am in, and also with no particular founder.

Let’s start with Tulorista, my family, haha. Tulorista pioneered on June 16, 2009 (and this sounds like the history of Systems Plus) with five incorporators (lol). Haha. At first, Tulorista was not recognized, not until monsoon rains wetted Angeles and something dripped on Ynah’s desk. Haha. Ynah screamed that day and complained about the drippind water from the ceiling. Among all rows in the classroom, we are the only row that gets affected by rain.. and with the tulo (drip) of the water from up above.. somebody coined the word “tulo-row” for our row.

Then, on our fourth month, that was when we first greeted each other Happy Monthsary. We never thought of having a monthsary before, the idea just came out of Emanylene’s mind. Haha.

Today, with some events happening on the classroom, we added three members, and they are now officially part of the happy family.. Vhinna, Paul and Ann. To complete the cast, there is Kacielyn and Ate Jov. Woot. :D and they are one of my families in Ampere. :D

Now, I do not know if I should write this, but since this is my blog, and we are living in a democratic country that practices freedom of speech… I would like to talk about Noman.

Noman is comprised of almost half of all Ampere, with some branches on Baryon. They wear those distinctive violet bracelets and you can find them every lunch break at the stairs. “tropang totoo” and “tropang hindi tao” as they call, Noman is making buzz of the whole classroom lately. Their huge number will make you notice them always, as they will always make citations of their name. I cannot enumerate all the members because they are too many and I do not know all of them.

Now, why is Noman included on the top 10.

First, they are so changing because they have half of the Ampere with them. At times, I feel out-of-placed.. I felt that first during the field trip, and that feeling grew with each passing day. Every time I go pass their group, it seems like I am a stranger to their topic.. I do not belong I know. T_T. There is only one thing left to do, walk away.

They always brag that they’ll eat at Didi’s every Fridays so that their bonding would grew stronger until college. That made me feel unimportant. It is like they have chosen the persons that are important to them, that they want to be friends with until the end, and that does not include me. Ouch. Real pain. And looking at the person who are Nomans, I feel sad 

Second, they have some of my friends. With the founding of Noman, I felt that they became out of reach.. out of grasp, for they have their new clique to be with. Some of my closest friends have become far I believe. I’m getting pulled and pulled away from some important people in my life. T_T One thing I would thank for Noman, despite the fact that some friends are being pulled away, some are also getting pulled nearer to me.. the people who share the same situation with me.

Hope no one gets offended. That is just my HUMBLE opinion. Yes. Humble. Haha. (P.S. This was written before the unity. January 2010. Not yet updated for the unity. :D)

9. Threads of Fate and Death
Taking the ninth place in my list is the never-dying Medieval role play in World History, entitled Threads of Fate and Death (by Kevin).

Woot. And this was the first, as I would like to say, successful play that we have come up to in my high school life. Haha. I do not see it as a failure, but I see it as a masterpiece. Under the direction of Paul, our play is a sort of a musical, with dances (but without the song). Hahaha. And I did not know why we did not win at least one award (i.e. sound effects, script or the whole play itself. Cheers to Kervy, best actor! :D)

I remember that this play caused everyone’s schedule to be destroyed. We were once apprehended by Ma’am Malig for being late from practice. This was one of the few times when the whole classroom would meet in a certain place to practice. We are the busiest section that year. Haha. Many of us are bringing loads of props, with the other group also bringing in their boastful sound system. Haha.

It ruined every subject on our schedule. We will talk about it all the time, and our recess and lunch breaks were all dedicated in finishing it. Never before have I seen a section very dedicated to one project, maybe it was brought by intense competition and exchange of words between the groups. Haha.

The fun part was the practice. Who can’t forget Paul’s face getting mad? Hahaha. I miss Karla sitting in the middle with Kervy and Kevin battling. I miss the traders, the dancers, the two princesses.. ooh.. all are concrete memories. Haha. I miss Patrick chasing the bus, I miss Vhinna collecting sampaloks, and I miss Claudine and Emy in their villain roles. Haha. Woot. I also miss Kareejil in her narration. I miss how Rodjeilyn, Mother and Jennica glide in the air with their dance number. Haha :D

Who would forget February 28’s first Sampalok Wars?! Hahaha :D Woot! The sampalok wars is the epic battle between two fronts who bombard each other’s bases with those deadly sampaloks (they are not sampaloks actually but the look like one. Haha.) The sampalok wars continued to have its third battle, beating the World War with only two versions. Haha.

No comments: