January 2, 2011

The Top 50 Things That Changed My Life This 2009 (Part IX)

For a recap:
50. Mass Card
49. Spider Solitaire
48. Ma'am Joy's Birthday
47. Typhoon Pepeng
46. Childhood Friends Reunion
45. Annabeth's Birthday
44. Grand Palazzo Real
43. Birthday Movie
42. Field Trip
41. Closing Party - Gold
40. Tumblr
39. Kuliti
38. Backmasking Frenzy
37. Gapan, Nueva Ecija
36. Plurk
35. O2Jam
34. Friendster
33. One Town One Product (OTOP)
32. Jesus Our Victory Church
31. Pagemaker 2009
30. WhitePanorama
29. St. Cecilia's Auditorium
28. First Day of Classes
27. Mt. Samat
26. Juniors-Seniors Promenade
25. Poems
24. Mt. Arayat
23. Cheerdance
22. MP3
21. Photoshop
20. The Lyre
19. Chowking and Siomai House
18. Yearbook
17. FTalk
16. Antigone
15. Ako ang Kriminal
14. Battle of the Bands
13. Class Funds
12. Gold Forums
11. Yahoo! Messenger
10. Noman and Tulorista
9. Threads of Fate and Death


8. HRM Cafe
Weee. And yes, for the eighth place, we have the HRM Café. :D This is the new high school canteen of the year, since the High School Canteen was converted to a mess hall. This became my new dinner table. Haha.


And on the very tables of this café, friendships are built. Back then, there was Manuel Family, the family that converted HRM Café into a library for at least a second when Paul slammed the table with one of his horsey-hooved hands (I mean legs, for horses have four legs), shocked the whole population and grabbed the attention of the teachers dining in. Included in the teachers was Sir Antonio. Ooh, and I remember that moment clearly, when I was raising my hand amidst the silent crowd, when Jefran (ot Fritz?) unleashed his chocolate that released the inner hunger inside of us. Haha.


Then, everyone left, I know the reason but it is irrelevant if I’ll say it here. Few were left in the family, and now, I got my solid lunchmates. Haha. Angelyn, Bordie, Chica, Vhinna, Jefran, Ynah, sometimes we also have Emanylene, Paul, Jzhanel and Charlotte, but Jzhanel and Charlotte have separate ways nowadays. Haha.


Jefran always tells us to close our eyes whenever we eat and chew. Ynah’s hands can’t seem to hold the water glass right. Angelyn has his packed lunch again, and Vhinna will make noise once more. Haha. Chica will open a topic on social issues or school stuffs, and everyone will actively participate. If it is a joke, expect Chica to laugh hard.


If we have issues about people, things and events, we talk about it there. The open forum where everyone is really open. Secrets are kept because everyone is trustworthy. Haha. :D


I will miss walking on the covered pathwalk going to HRM when we graduate. I will miss Vhinna screaming out for HRMistas to take their lunch. I will miss Kacielyn being in a hurry to get all of his things to go out. I will miss Chica bringing all the books to HRM. I will miss Jefran entering the classroom and inviting us to go out. And I will miss the viands, the iced tea and the seller. Haha. :D And also our favorite table. We all have assigned places there; each one of us has a fixed seat. :D


When I graduate… I’m gonna miss every thing that is there.


7. Nutri-Jingle
Do you like sweets? Then, come and get these candies and chocolates! Alcohol, drugs, aren’t they beautiful, come and use them and you’ll be happy! (Who?! Who?!) [and the refrain goes in…] Come, come and get get what is presented, Come, come and follow, follow everything that we say… [and the chorus jumps in…] Who?! Who am I going to choose? Who?! Who is beneficial to me?! Who among them? Whoooooo-oo-oo-oo-oo! Who?! Who among them is good, will bring no harm to my life? Who among them? Whoooooo….. :D


And that is our winning (and yes, we are the champions) nutrition jingle piece last July, and this life-changing experience ranks in at number 6. :D


Woot. July is the Nutrition month, the first event of the school year. I joined the poster making contest, but that earns me no plus in the card (I thought), so, when Ma’am Alfonso asked who wants to join the Nutrition Jingle contest, I hesitatingly raised my hand. I was the only male student who raised his hand, and the female peeps who joined me included Julia, Jhen, Danny Boy, Angelyn and Ema. Haha. I can’t believe we all collaborated for this effort. Haha.


First. A Meeting. We need to get acquainted with each other. It was really awkward for me to visit other sections, since I am not comfortable to be surrounded by the faces I am not used to. I asked someone to call the participants for NutriJingle, and I told one of them that we’ll have a meeting later at 4. And at 4, unfortunately, only one out of the three participants from Coulomb came, the other one ask permission however, that she’ll be attending their volleyball practice instead.


We had a meeting first. What song are we going to use? What are the rules? What will be our costume? When is the competition? When will the practice start? After some funny, cool and wild suggestions, the meeting was done with no final decision. At least, we got to know the rules. (And I was shocked to read that everyone is required to sing and dance in the contest, there will be no exemption.)


I made the song, and I made one on the tune of Itchyworms’ Penge Naman Ako Niyan, but they rejected it. That was my first choice for the song. Some like Beat It, Sabay Sabay Tayo and other cool songs. Then, I made one on the tune of Jai Ho, and they clicked on that one. The Jai Ho song was entitled Sino, based on the idea from our second meeting. The story of the song goes like this, Jefran and I are confused as to what diet or nutrition is good for us, the one with alcohol, cigarettes and sweets, or the other one with the boring fruits and veggies, the sour-tasting milk and the tiring exercise. We will be asking “Sino?!” (Who?!). By the end of the song, we will be replacing “Sino?!” with “Dito!” (Here!) , when we already find the right nutrition. Haha. Then, Idk who conceptualized this but we have thought of putting smileys on our shirts. The bad side looking puke-ish, and the good side with a smile. Jefran and I’s smile will be a confused one, with a question mark on the top. On the bridge, we will be removing the puking and confused smiley, and we will have our smile.


Time for the first practice. The first practice was just a sing-along.. getting used to the tone, to the lyrics and to the flow of the song. The first practice was memorable.. they all appreciated my lyrics, and everyone was having fun, specially Julia in the refrain, Danielle on the tooooot, Emanylene on the word “chocolate”, and Jefran on the chorus’s deep “Sinooo…?!”


We are under constant pressure from the fourth year teachers, and we asked for a pull-out. It was granted, and our first pull-out was in the morning. We asked Annabeth to teach us some steps, and her steps were quite easy yet tricky. We get Annabeth’s steps for the first stanza in under thirty minutes, but combining it with singing is difficult. I have never imagined this being so difficult.


We were at the back of the computer lab at first, practicing small steps. Then, we moved on to the bigger stage, and soon we are at the Multi-Purpose Hall. I was sweaty, sticky and stinky, triple S that define dirtiness. Haha. Then, we also had our practice at Angelyn’s and it was another memorable day. I was the one who arrived first, and as usual, people were late again. The practice was fun, we are just conversing almost half of the time. The steps were a little bit harder now, and it really consumes a lot of energy. Annabeth was no longer there, and we just invented steps including the Nobody dance craze on two lines of our song. Haha.


The ‘toooot’ was never removed, and more formations were added. We practice almost everyday at the Multi Purpose Hall, with many people degrading us with comments that we won’t win because our voices are weak. We even practice at times on the fourth year corridor and the faculty room, and those are the same comments that they keep on telling. They say that the choreography and the lyrics are good, but the voices ruin it.


Then, after much practice, and preparation (the props, the flags, etc..) we are ready to fight! Haha! On the stage, our strategy of the singers going near the mic is effective, because they say, ours was the clearest lyrics. :D I even remember reminding Jhen of coming close to the mic while everyone is singing the refrain. Haha. Everything ended with a bang, and there was great great adrenaline rush in me. I have never felt it before, because never have I done this before in my life, and yes, it ended with a bang, with the banner inverted.


Ending: We are the champions! Yeah! Plus three on Values as Sir Juliebert promised on our practice. Haha. And, the beginning of a long streak of new ventures for Kenneth. It will be followed by cheering, acting.. and what else?! :D


6. Cellphone XD
From the 7610 to the iPhone tragedy (thought it was mine but it turned out, it was not), yes, cellphone really hit me hard this year and it landed on Number 6. It changed the way I connected to the world and the way information was brought to me. It gave me tears; it also gave me the happiness.


5. Church of Christ
Ranking fifth is the Church that gave me a whole new view of my faith. Though I am quite new here as 2009 ended, it managed to grab the 4th spot for it surely has changed the track of my life on a short while. From the November 27 first visit, a whole new thinking has been opened from me. The Christmas party was also unforgettable, with the musical play and the cash prize. That was the only gift I received that Christmas.

No comments: