December 16, 2009

Voices

Voices

This is my cry.. my thoughts.. I was planning to join the Fourth Year Chorale for the Musikahan but was unable to do so because I was at the Regionals Schools Press Conference. When I went back to school, I was just informed that the auditions are over, and that the choir is already full and would not accept any students anymore. Sad.

Alone in the empty woodlands,
I walk as my world starts crumbling;
No one can fully understand
My long, solitary weeping.
Those chanting voices I have heard
Singing carols from afar,
Oh painful are those piercing words,
Their cheerful lyrics bring me harm.

In my dull eyes, I see them form:
Straightly postured, happily lined;
Then voices began to be born
As the conductor gives the sign.
Their singing tongues started to move,
And the music is pacing up,
The whole world is starting to groove,
And all the people started to clap.

Somehow, a glow abides in them,
A guiding light to victory,
As they sing their Christmas anthems,
They step close to their full glory.
I should be happy for their song,
But I scream envy and sorrow;
In my heart, there is something wrong
Like there are no bright tomorrows.

Why is the glow among the choir?
Why is it away from me?
Am I hopeless, worthless and dire
For that glow to not shine on me?
True, they say the world is unfair,
And fate is an evil player;
Chances will knock when you’re not there;
Time is luck’s ultimate slayer.

As I was sleeping in the woods,
Dreaming of my deep fantasies,
Somebody’s taking off his hood
To sing his charming melodies,
And as I intoxicated
Myself in my sleep’s wandering,
The few slots are being granted,
And my chances are vanishing.

And I can never tell myself
That everything will be alright,
When I know I’m in need of help,
When there is danger in the night!
In this hostile, gloomy forest
Lives a strong, restless enemy,
Able to put me in distress
And give me endless miseries.

Sooner my fate will turn again,
A wave of mishaps will approach;
It will bring even greater pain,
It is my lonely life to poach.
One night that I have slept too much
Will bring me three months of darkness;
Never can I have a slight touch
Of the gladness I once possessed.

Every beat is an agony:
Aiming at me, a deadly dart.
Every note is a misery,
Whose goal is to crumble my heart.
Every pitch is a helpless cry
That nobody can comprehend.
Every word is a curse to die,
Oh when all of this have an end?

They will be called; I will be left;
Only with me is my despair.
All my joys had already slept
And abandoned me in nowhere.
In the next room, they will enter,
Leaving me in my endless frowns;
And those voices, they will be heard;
Their melodies bring me deep down.

They will be all talking of it,
Their happy moments in practice,
They will sing with many repeats
Their medley Christmas choral piece.
I will sit there, all out of place
As they chatter in full power,
It is a big slap to my face,
It makes me sad when they converse.

And then I realized one thing
As they greet me with sincere smiles,
I realized that when they sing,
All of my world is now defiled.
The moments I see them happy
Makes me contented deep inside.
Even I lost their company,
At least I see their smiles so wide.

What is sorrow? What is envy?
All of these are just mere evil.
To myself, I shall not pity,
I should focus on what is real.
We all have our share of trials,
But we shall have the will to smile.
My problems will not burn my time,
I’ll make each second more worthwhile.

I am not the only person
Who is experiencing bad luck,
Be glad I am not in prison,
Be glad my vision is not black.
Just think that I am still lucky,
Amidst the hurdles that abide,
Move on and think positively,
Just take a look at the bright side.

No comments: