January 1, 2010

Top 50 Things That Changed My Life This 2009 (Part IV)

Recap! hahaha :D
50. Mass Card
49. Spider Solitaire
48. Ma'am Joy's Birthday
47. Typhoon Pepeng
46. Childhood Friends Reunion
45. Annabeth's Birthday
44. Grand Palazzo Real
43. Birthday Movie
42. Field Trip
41. Closing Party - Gold
40. Tumblr
39. Kuliti
38. Backmasking Frenzy
37. Gapan, Nueva Ecija
36. Plurk
35. O2Jam
34. Friendster
33. One Town One Product (OTOP)
32. Jesus Our Victory Church
31. Pagemaker 2009

30. WhitePanorama
Welcome to my blog. Haha. WhitePanorama is the title of my newspaper column and also my blog, and this name was one of my pen names throughout the year. The idea of WhitePanorama started on October 2008, when I was thinking of a name for a column. Sir Antonio quickly asked for the name, and due to the rush, I was not able to think of a good name for it. I just grabbed the thesaurus and searched for the word vision.. there, I stumbled upon the word Panorama.. and there goes WhitePanorama. Haha.

My WhitePanorama blog started on the first day of February, inspired by the Feature Writer of AUF’s Pioneer when I attended their journalism seminar. Then, I also staged up my Friendster blog, also named WhitePanorama, on April 2009, and made the first mage header of it.

WhitePanorama became my online literary folio and diary, with special events of my life being posted there, and all of my poems being published there. It has been the practice of my feature writing skills ever since. The first story to be published there was On Board Bus Number Zero, my verbose story of me being left behind by the bus on our Mt. Samat trip. (and ouch, that was painful) haha.

Last week, I have given it its newest layout, and this week, I have given him his brother blog.. the Motion Sickness blog. Woot. Blogging made me busy, specially at times when connection is not available. It gave me a chance to explore new writing areas, new vocabulary words, and it makes me read more blogs for improvement. :D I recommend blogging to everyone. Aha.

29. St. Cecilia’s Auditorium
February 10, 2009, while I was collecting fees for the Battle of the Bands, Mrs. Quillao called me and asked me to join an impromptu speaking contest in English. I agreed, but when I asked when, I was surprised to know that it is on that same day. (woot. And I blogged it on WhitePanorama)

That was my first time to join an impromptu contest outside the school, and that contest caught me really impromptu. Haha :D I have no faith in myself when it comes to impromptu speaking, but Sir Antonio encouraged me and said that I have proven my skills during the debate, and I never thought that people had that confidence for me. Flattered. Believe in myself.

I spoke at that very auditorium of Angeles University Foundation, and Ma’am Quillao told me that my posture was zero. Haha. From then on, I learned to look at my posture, the way I look whenever I am at stage. That was my problem that made me fall to the second place – my posture. I should be the champion, my coach insisted, but my posture all ruined it. That is painful, but at least I learned to change myself.

That day ended with a victory. I never thought I could have won. Now, take all the risks that there is in life, I should say.

But the story of that auditorium does not end there. That very auditorium was also the place for the Clash of the IT Wizards.

We are the defending champions, from our last year’s unexpected victory. Haha :D Now, we are out to grab the championship again, as we have thought.

Our review this year for the Clash was intensive, though many of us miss reviews. Jefran was busy at his church, and I was busy for Pagemaker. Ma’am Mia would frequently apprehend us for our lapses, and it is to her that I received one of the most painful words of the year. The review with Charlotte and Jefran was fun. Our bonding/sleeping time at the library, the scoresheets in which we frequently cheat, and the food that we bring in inside the room. Haha.

Thanks to file compression, we have gone from champion to a runner-up. Pft. Haha. Disappointing yet we have to accept our defeat. Our boastfulness did not have a match with their logic, and we faced our doom there.


28. First Day of Classes
The first day of classes is one that is always memorable. It is that one day of the year that everyone will anticipate, because it is the chance to see your classmates again after that long vacation. Digging deeper, the first day of classes will ultimately change your life. Your new classmates will add color to the road that you’ll be taking, and your new teachers will be new personalities that you have to patiently deal with as a student.

Your new classroom will be your new home for ten months.. and everything will be new. The schedule, the school system, and this year, we got a new foodcourt and a new building.

The first day was sort of a shocker. I was expecting that Ampere’s room will have a comfort room! Haha. And our adviser was totally unexpected. We never thought that it will be Ma’am Alfonso that will be guiding us throughout the year. There are no problems with that, but it just came to us as a surprise. Then, here comes the new faces. Ynah, Ann, Rosechelle, Carmela, Alvin, Jovelyn (and etc..).. a great deal of friends transferred to the other section: Jefran, Claudine, Charlene, Kevin, Patrick (and etc..).. and even newer faces to the room (the transferees), Jzhanel (whose name is as complicated as his mind in Math) and Maricris (Mother’s sister).

And so goes life, haha.

27. Mt. Samat
This mountain got my emotions full on the last week of January 2009. It is not national pride that filled me, but total self-pity. Here is the story why.

I was left by the bus on our field trip to Mt. Samat. How late was I? 30 seconds. I even saw the bus parked, started its engine, and left me running. How painful was that? Seeing all those happy people in the bus refreshed in the breeze while you are left behind? Aw. That was one of my life’s most painful scenes.

It all started when the alarm went off, and I pressed stop instead of snooze. I stood up at 8am, and 8am was the departure time. Quickly, I dressed and grabbed my things, ran to the street and waited for the jeepney. I did not take my bath, nor did I eat my breakfast. The jeepney was so slow, and it cost me the trip of a lifetime. T_T that’s it. I should be there, but just one minor mistake brought me to my gloom. I blew my last chance to go to Mt. Samat.

I learned to not rely on alarms, and to not press Stop anymore but press Snooze always. Time management is important, for every second really counts. If I was a minute earlier, I could have been with those pictures on item number 27, Mt. Samat. Poor Kenneth.

26. Juniors-Seniors Promenade
The night of glitz, glamour, style and splendor, where people come in formal wear.. the boys in their coat and tie, and the ladies in their gorgeous gowns. Oh, and who would not miss the Juniors-Seniors Promenade, and it takes the 26th spot.

It is like every high school student’s dream (except for me). The JS Prom is seen as the pinnacle of high school life, the night wherein you give out every beauty or handsomeness you have. And if you think outside beauty does not matter, this is the one day that bends that quote.

Originally, I have no plans to join the prom. First, it is expensive for a night of luxury. Second, I do not want preparing that much for the things that I am going to wear. Third, I do not want to dance. Haha. But then, a devastating fact was told to me, that I need to be there. It is a need -- a requirement for me.

I do not know with these proms but yearly, it is a tradition that the top talents of the Juniors and Seniors exchange some “keys” in the ceremony. For example, one senior will pass the “key of wisdom” to a junior. Something like an inheritance to the next generation. And with that, I was included in the program. Why didn’t they ask me first before putting my name on that program? Psh.

And then came the night, I just asked Claudine if I can share a ride with them and we arrived there almost late. Haha. The ceremonies started and I am feeling a different kind of nervousness. I never got nervous before in my coat and tie?! I and the other speakers were in a small room, (which I guess was already the backstage..) all sharing our nervousness in the suffocating air.

Soon, one by one we went out and hearts are starting to beat twice as fast. Then, there goes my turn. My hands were unstable and shaking, very nervous to utter the next words. I can feel the microphone vibrating in my hand. The lights in front of the stage were blinding, and it reminds me that I am on the spotlight of everyone. Everyone has their eyes on me, and I need to deliver these words well. Ate Monique was smiling at me, and I do not know how to interpret her smiles. The principal and the whole faculty is watching closely, and then.. I blew it up.. a single word repeated. Haha.

The night went on and we ate, with Jefran even breaking one of the glasses. Woot. Charlotte was, if I am allowed to say, the owner of the dance floor that night. Haha. Sophia got a score on many of our male classmates, and that night ended with everyone exhausted, dissatisfied with the abruptness of the end, and happy for the whole night itself. It was a rainy night, yet the happenings inside the hall had made the night hot.

No comments: