January 3, 2010

Top 50 Things That Changed My Life This 2009 (Part VI)

Recap! Recap! :D
50. Mass Card
49. Spider Solitaire
48. Ma'am Joy's Birthday
47. Typhoon Pepeng
46. Childhood Friends Reunion
45. Annabeth's Birthday
44. Grand Palazzo Real
43. Birthday Movie
42. Field Trip
41. Closing Party - Gold
40. Tumblr
39. Kuliti
38. Backmasking Frenzy
37. Gapan, Nueva Ecija
36. Plurk
35. O2Jam
34. Friendster
33. One Town One Product (OTOP)
32. Jesus Our Victory Church
31. Pagemaker 2009
30. WhitePanorama
29. St. Cecilia's Auditoriu,
28. First Day of Classes
27. Mt. Samat
26. Juniors-Seniors Promenade
25. Poems
24. Mt. Arayat
23. Cheerdance
22. MP3
21. Photoshop

20. The Lyre (Parades etc.)
Windchime. You might think it is those metal bars that produces magical sounds when wind blows among them, usually hang on doors. But for me, and for a few people, it is a family of wacky, music-oriented people headed by a wackier trainer, namely Daniel Karlo Canono. :D

Drum and Lyre is like one of the busiest organizations at school. It is also the noisiest, and no other organization can match with our noise. Everyone who will enter our room will surely complain about the noise, but us, we are all immune and we love to hear it.

Adventures of Drum and Lyre this year are endless. The adventure this year begins in a parade at Lourdes (I am not sure about the place..) where we played religious songs on a national highway. Haha. This was then followed by the recognition overture, Kamusta Ka. :D which until now, I do not know how to perfect. Haha.

Back then there was Manong Jerry, who stole the show and started to take over the Lyre. Claiming that he was the coach of a provincial champion band, he started to teach us with the coolest moves that we have seen done on a lyre. He is also a drummer, and he started to coach the drummers. But alarmingly, he seems to takeover Canono. I do not know the story, but soon he is gone.

This year, Drum and Lyre just got loaded. Canono fetched every Ampere who is not exempted and welcomed them to Drum and Lyre to gain instant exemption. Almost half of Ampere is now a member of the Drum and Lyre. Haha.

The adventures of DnL did not stop there. They had their San Fernando Motorcade (I was not there.. sadly..) and the Intramurals parade (which was a total trash). Then, there goes ACADAC, a parade against the use of illegal drugs. That was the longest and hottest parade that I have been through. We walked from Balibago to Nepo Mall at a time when the sun was baking hot: 1pm to 3pm. With that parade, my color changed from light brown to Hersheys-brown, and I curse that parade for doing it to me. My color never came back.

Another event is the opening of Puregold. Woot, and we are like a poor band playing in the side of the road. I was shocked to know that there was Puregold Angeles, for I am not seeing a building being raised up, and to our surprise (now, I am sharing the surprise with the whole band), Puregold is hidden within a wall of small-time vendors. The only entrance is an unnoticeable escalator. Anyways, we played and we are paid.

The bonding never ends. Soon, we got the Christmas caroling. Haha. That was the happiest caroling that I have ever been to. Out of the five days of the caroling, I have attended four. The laughs never end on those nights.

There are new developments on Drum and Lyre these days, I joined Chica and Charlene on their mission to make new songs for lyre. Haha. I got mine from the Internet, through careful research and formulas. (wth?).. We haven’t played a single overture this year, and we are planning classical music for the English Week.

The lyre gave me my burn marks on my right index finger. It also gave me a millimeter of biceps. Haha :D I hate carrying those heavy lyres on the road.

19. Chowking and Siomai House <3

Yeah! And I am hungry. After McDonalds, Goldilocks and KFC comes Chowking and Siomai House, taking the 19th spot on my list. Chicken fillets are rare nowadays, for what is common is mixed Pork and Shrimp Siomai. Cakes and chicken burgers are no longer the star because Emperor’s Beef Noodle Soup outshined them all. And that is my new habit at SM Clark this 2009.

With Jefran (always), Kacielyn and Claudine (often), Emy and Chica (sometimes) and the rest like Alvin, Julia, Vhinna, Charlotte (rarely), our tummies all demand one food! Haha :D and when the call of hunger strikes us, every after dismissal, we go to our large dining area, SM.

No one can resist the smoking hot siomais at Siomai House. Even though you are standing, the perfect mixture of quality soy sauce (Datu Puti), spicy homemade chili, and their steamed siomai can make you forget of all the pain in your feet. Add to that the pleasure of drinking through that tasty Gulaman. Haha :D the best thirst quencher.

How about this? Crispy skinned dumplings… Hot, steaming fresh from the fire soup… Tender and flavor-filled noodles… Chinese-style chili sauce… and a glass of ice-cold, bubbling Sprite. Yes! I miss the Fried Dumpling Noodles! Hahaha :D

Eating is where friendships are built. You share ideas to each other while eating and there are countless laughs in the conversation. You may even know some things that you have never known before on one person. Hmmm. Did someone got hit? :D

Eating is where time is lost. Haha. Yeah. Instead of doing our assignments at home, we are here at SM munching our way through the night. Amidst projects, we are there slowly eating.

Eating is also where money is lost. Wth?! It ruined my budget and brought me to two financial meltdowns this year. Haha. Due to accounting mistakes, I never thought that eating that much will give me too much debt. Still, the call of the tummy shall be heeded, and eating is fun, so why stop? Haha :D

Weee. And this is where I am treated. Wee. Special thanks to Jefran and Claudine for always treating me. :D woot.

18. Yearbook
Taking the 18th spot is the ultimate last project of the year for the school year 2008-2009: the Yearbook.. from yours truly, Ma’am Carbungco :D

The yearbook is the first book that I have layouted on a computer, thanks to our computer being bought before the Christmas of 2008. This yearbook was given as a project earlier around July or August 2008, but when the deadline approached on February-March 2009, waw, it caught us surprised.

On the beginnings of the making of the yearbook, we are confused as to what the yearbook will be. Will it be individually layouted or if only one will layout and we will all print that layout as an individual project. T_T we were confused, but then, individually layouted yearbooks started popping out, and everyone started making their own layouts.

Then, we also have this one big class yearbook, the one that III-Gold will submit as a class. Luckily, a part of my book was selected to be a part of the class yearbook, my “events” pages. :D Jefran was our master layout artist back then, and Chica’s “Meet the Cast” pages were also chosen. (woot. And he put our picture in frames :D)

Making the yearbook introduced me to the world of having no sleep. Munching through my Chubby chocolate packs for three days straight, my eyes were open in front of the Powerpoint screen. Woot, and I never thought that I’ll make a yearbook more than 150 pages?! Haha. And thanks to Jefran, I have managed to submit it. I owe him a lot really, hahaha :D and I said I’ll pay for the print. But what now..? (I shouldn’t have opened this one…)

Prior to this we have already made our Class Book on 2008, so pictures are not that of a big problem, and the information needed was already there. But of course, our creative minds put many other informations for the variety of the yearbook. Vhinna has her survey results and the “define III-Gold section”, many of us had our “photo album” pages and “dedications” pages. I have my bloglike stories, my quiz (similar to a Facebook quiz but I have made this long before I had my Facebook account), and some trivia about Gold.

I remember Ma’am Carbungco regularly asking for updates on our yearbook.. ooh.. her voice.. her looks.. whenever she does that is just ugh.. can’t explain. Haha :D Then, she always screams in the classroom how late our yearbook will be, similar to what Ma’am Joy is doing back on our bulletin board. Haha. Oh, I miss those days.

Today, I have that yearbook on my drawer, and whenever I look at it, I remember those memories that are few of the happiest moments of high school life. I miss III-Gold T_T

17. FTalk
Formerly Friendstertalk, FTalk is once one of the top forums visited in the Philippines. Entering my list at number 17 is this forum, who opened me up to the world of codes, tons of new websites, free stuffs on the Internet and millions worth of information that few could have ever accessed.

I first knew of Friendstertalk at April 2009, when I was looking for cool codes to put in my Friendster profile. I stumbled upon this forum, registered, and saw the wealth of cool codes. Codes for chatboxes, codes for hiding your profile, and almost magical codes possible that you can put on your profile can be seen in their treasure chest. Viewing the Friendster profiles there makes me amazed.. and they have combined their skills in programming and graphic designing to create the perfect profiles. And I envy them. Haha

There are also many other boards at Friendstertalk. They have this social networking sites board, wherein people post about their blogs, their profiles and etc.. That’s when I met Plurk, Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook. I owe it all to Friendstertalk. Haha :D Getting updated is so easy when you are here in this forum, it is like everyone is on the click to update.

Another thing that Friendstertalk contributed me is pixeling. I never thought I can draw on paint, but on May, I decided to enter their pixel contest, wherein the theme is the Colorful World of Friendstertalk. Pixel art is done on Microsoft Paint, wherein you draw through MSPaint and color them with the same program. That was my first pixel art and it won me the third place. Woot. :D

I also have my poem thread there, and it as cool to know that other people whom you do not know can also appreciate what you are doing. I learned to kinda socialize with people in the online world, they have their chatbox there, and I seldomly post there. There are loads of interesting threads in FTalk, religious, just for fun, or informative. Haha. In case I am bored, I go there to read loads of new information :D

This is also where I met my Plurk Buddies and my partner, which is still alive on Facebook :D and also my owner on Friends for Sale 

No comments: