January 2, 2010

Top 50 Things That Changed My Life This 2009 (Part V)

And yes, we are getting close on knowing the top TEN. wahaha. i'm feeling excited myself. haha :D a recap first of the list.. from Top 50 down to 26 :)
50. Mass Card
49. Spider Solitaire
48. Ma'am Joy's Birthday
47. Typhoon Pepeng
46. Childhood Friends Reunion
45. Annabeth's Birthday
44. Grand Palazzo Real
43. Birthday Movie
42. Field Trip
41. Closing Party - Gold
40. Tumblr
39. Kuliti
38. Backmasking Frenzy
37. Gapan, Nueva Ecija
36. Plurk
35. O2Jam
34. Friendster
33. One Town One Product (OTOP)
32. Jesus Our Victory Church
31. Pagemaker 2009
30. WhitePanorama
29. St. Cecilia's Auditoriu,
28. First Day of Classes
27. Mt. Samat
26. Juniors-Seniors Promenade

25. My Poems
Taking the 25th spot my list are my poems. Since Grade 3, I have been writing and writing stanzas upon stanzas of poetic lines (though they are not that poetic), after years of writing, here I am, writing the lines that many read, few appreciate and one post. :D haha.

My poems have never been this expressive. Back then, my poems are just for fun, nothing but senseless of verses of random stuffs. It was on second year when my poems took a turn, when it was read by Ma’am Dungca and has been seen as a potent weapon for destruction. Actions are better than words as they say, but words can make a lady cry, a family suffer and the world die.
This year, my poems take a whole new theme.. LOVE. Woot. Starting from February’s Midnight Dance to lately’s Tinig ng Torpe series. The poem spark started on July, when Kareejil recklessly screamed my name on our poetry topic on English saying that I have a poem on my notebook. Our English teacher asked me to read it aloud, and there goes my classmates talking to me about my poems.

That’s when I got more inspired to write. (and of course, later that month.. I got hit.. and more thoughts and more poems were brought to life. What hit was I talking about? Read Number __ for the details. Ahaha.)

My writing improved with my poems (I guess?).. I took my poems to greater lengths (because I can’t seem to fit all of my ideas in four stanzas) and it grabs view onto my blog. Haha :D Poems are also my way to release my inner self, though oftentimes I use weird symbolisms to release what is really inside me.

24. Mt. Arayat
Mt. Arayat. I see this mountain everyday before I go to school. Its mighty structure stands amidst the misty atmosphere of Clark every time I commute. But one day, (I forgot what day was that exactly.. but around October 2009), Sir Antonio, our high school principal btw, (I forgot to introduce him. Haha) called me while I was munching a rebel bar to his office. He told me to ask Mr. Agustin to let me join in their relief operations at Mt. Arayat, for the victims of Typhoon Ondoy. The relief operations will be added in my credits for TOSA. :D

Sir Agustin agreed right away, and after recess, when Sir Dungca is on the classroom stealing the hearts of female Amperiacs, I was on the foodcourt with all of these unfamiliar Boy Scouts. The only one I know is Alvin. A college student guided us to a room, and that room, filled with mountain of donated clothes, is for us to organize. They keep saying that since we are Boy Scouts, we should work fast. And yea, I know belong to them.

We were asked to sort out the clothes into three, the ones for kids, the ones for adult males, and the ones for adult females. I was kinda out-of-place the whole time around, except for some kind concerns by both Alvin and Rayyan. Their words felt that I was welcome, and yeah, I started to know I was. Then, there came the meriendas, and everyone did not forget me and instead, even put me on their top priority.

After it, we came to pack the canned goods, the slippers, the toiletries, the noodles, the water and other stuffs.. (the recipients can collectively open up a sari-sari store)… Then, after the repacking, we ate our lunch and the head of the donating team asked us to return at 1pm.

Alvin and I ate our lunch, and I was troubled to know that Alvin won’t be joining the giving out of donations. They will be out on the Division office to upgrade their scouting rank. T_T

Then, after all things were packed, we were briefed first by the head of the donating team. We were assigned tasks. The boy scouts were assigned to be marshals (and I guess I was one of them?) We were asked to make sure that the line is straight and only one. We were asked to not let anyone overtake on the line. And with the majority of the fourth year boy scouts gone because of their rank upgrades, I’m thinking that it will be a tough job for us to keep the line organized. We don’t know how the people will react. In desperate situations, people’s minds are riotous, and we could never go home alive in the worst case scenario.

[Gotta shorten up my post.. no time to tell the whole story. Haha] It was my first time to be a part of a human chain. We passed hand in hand everything from gallons of water to big boxes of noodles. Haha. Then, we boarded the jeepney. At one time, they even bought me a drink. They thought of me even though they do not know me personally. And yes, in that small way, I was touched.

Being there was a life changing moment. You’ll begin to see the face of humanity amidst a crisis. I saw the faces of tragedy, and yet the eyes of hope. I was also given a chance to personally give the donations to the victims of the typhoon. That was the day that I received one of the most sincere gratitude of my life. I also got to talk to the famous mother who had lost 6 members in her family, the most in Pampanga. She told me that besides all those loss, she is still thankful that there are persons like us who help. She narrated to me the story of death and a new life (and for the details, it is all in my column.) What my eyes saw that day were really moving images of what life is all about, and how lucky I am to be in this situation.

23. Cheerdance
It started one afternoon, when I shamelessly auditioned for it. This was part of my endless quest to earn plus on my report card, and luckily, it proved to be a no-regrets decision. Woot. Coming in at number 23 is the Cheerdance experience last Intramurals. On the past intramurals, I have been vacant. First year, I tried out for chess, but was eliminated on the first round. Second year, I tried out again but I just suffered the same fate. Third year, nah, I did not try my luck anymore.

The practices were unforgettable, wherein on the beginning stages, every afternoon, we are asked by Sir Juliebert to try out stunts. Some of the stunts were plain easy, others were hard for the weight, and others are just way too dangerous and unmanageable. This cheerdance made me carry people on m hands for the first time. Very dangerous, but still very fun.

Never thought that Jelly and Karla could bend, or Rodjeilyn and Emy could do cartwheels. I was like, “wth is going on with these people?!” haha. Cheerdance was the most energetic activity I have done in my high school. We have to scream, run, pose, carry and smile at the same time. I never thought that I could have done this, but here I am, three months after the happy effort I have exerted.

I cannot also remove the cheers out of my mind. New friendships were also made, new experiences were added, and much more, new lessons were learned. My small biceps were now a millimeter bigger in circumference. Haha. I learned how to push myself beyond my limit, and how to put myself outside the confines of my comfort. I am hesitating to join cheerdance at first, and I thank my classmates for insisting me. I thought that it was worthless and unimportant, but today, it is a part of my life.

22. MP3
Music is a part of everyone’s life. Some even consider them their whole life. Music is a statement of who we are, and for this, I put my MP3 on the 22nd spot.

My MP3 Player is not an iPod for those expectant readers, it was just a small black player not longer than a thumb with a sticker containing these words: “CD-R King”… oops, did I just say CD-R King. Yes, it is cheap. Haha.

But that MP3 Player meant a lot to me. It made me fall in love to music. Back then, songs were just plain crap, and I do not know why people get crazy on those stuffs. I do not know why people buy albums, see concerts and watch music videos. I thought that at first they make no sense at all.

Then, I put some earphones on my ears (where else?), and I pressed “Play”, once the music started playing, I was into it, and my heart fell fast into music. The idea of getting all of your favorite songs playing consecutively was deeply embraced by my ears.. and here I go getting obsessed with all these songs and the MP3 Player.

With the MP3 Player, I started looking for new songs. That’s when I met The Script, Kris Allen, All-American Rejects, Lenka and dozens more artists. I got new songs from my old time favorites, Coldplay, Linkin Park, MYMP and etc.. :D Being updated to songs became my weekly habit.

But, one July afternoon, during our MAPEH time, my MP3 disappeared in our classroom, and the only trace left was the earphone. Curse all thieves. Huhu. He/She stole the Top 22 thing that changed my life.

21. Photoshop
Meet my new love, Photoshop. Working its way up to number 21, it has kept me busy all throughout the year. Starting on March 2009, by the efforts of Jefran, I have finished downloading pirated Photoshop after 20 days. (that was really a long download..)

I hate photoshop at first open. Haha. First, because it loads like a turtle. Then, it responds like turtle. Then, it saves like a turtle. Then, it closes like a turtle. The aftermath, it made my computer a turtle. Slow! :D

Then, I decided to venture into this unknown world. After searching for some design inspiration in the Internet, I pushed my luck into it. I was also inspired by Jefran’s boastful work of art. I want to imitate! :D and there, after months of practice.. I began to improve.

Soon, I began to make my logos on Photoshop, I do not know if they are worthy to be called logos because they are ugly back then. Then, I started making up my own powerpoint backgrounds with it. Soon, it became my help in animating, followed by picture editing, which is its main purpose for me today. Got pimples or dark skin, photoshop can solve it. That’s why before it gets posted on Facebook or Friendster, it passes first under the careful scrutiny of Photoshop. Haha :D

Then, I soon ventured into fields I have never been into. I went to t-shirt designing, board designing (which was crap), and layouting. I layout now at Photoshop, starting at the Departments project of Economics. That was my first long run on Photoshop.

The Physics project of October, our Man vs. Woman, was my really really longest run on using Photoshop. Never have I been so soaked in the Photoshop workspace before. Haha. I was 90+ hours straight awake because of this project, and all I can see back then was Photoshop. I was dead tired back then, and yet I was photoshopping.

And yes, credits to Jefran for Item Number 21.

No comments: