May 10, 2010

Another Cup of Words to Eat: The Story of my Election Disaster

Another Cup of Words to Eat: The Story of my Election Disaster

Morning sunshine! It is a beautiful day, and yes, this is not just any ordinary day. This is a day that we’ll be written on our history books forever – this is the Election Day. What makes it extraordinary is that it is the first ever automated national elections, and yes, Philippines is getting hi-tech. After much issue, from the machines, to the cards, to the testing and to the cost, the day has come to vote.

Well, its significance is not on the automation, but moreover, it is more to the right of suffrage, our right to choose the next leaders, our right to draw our own fate. This time, we have nine presidentiables, with five of them climbing up the surveys.

This morning, I have much more important and much more exciting things in mind, and that is DVBS, short for Daily Vacation Bible Study. It is held yearly in many churches, and this is my very first time to go into one. Weeee. I am there to be one of the staffs, actually I am one of the OICs of the registration.

I woke up at 4:00am, not that excited, ei? (The whole program will start at 9am) I need to collect the coins collected by my islands’ tourist attractions on Happy Island and start a shift on my four-star hotel at Hotel City. Haha. After it, I wrote my message on Mona’s autograph notebook and started to think of situations on my fellow Youth’s favorite game. (well, the game has no name yet.)

I am still kinda doubting if my mother will allow me to go, for she changes her mind like feces. You don’t know when it’s erupting or calming. For a fact, I earned my golden permission from my mother for two weeks – I need to be such a good son that I never used to be, one that always smiles and energetically do things whenever she gives me tasks. T_T … Then, there goes my luxury tips cut, for I really need to earn some money for extra expenses at DVBS. I also stripped of some of my scheduled trips outside Clark for the sake of financial stability and time at home, for my mother will surely hate it if I always of the house (with the exception of my authorized dental appointments.)

I prepared myself a glass of Milo, because we do not have anything at home to eat. Then, my mother woke up at around 5am.

“Di ka na yata natutulog sa computer.”

“Hindi. Kakagising ko nga lang eh. Maaga lang ako nagising kasi may pupuntahan.”

“O san ka pupunta?”

And she forgot it again. “Sa church, may gagawin kami.”

“Eleksyon. Sinong kasama niyo dun?”

“Oo nga ano, sandali lang naman kasi siguro boboto.” And she proceeded to the comfort room. Yes, she allowed me. I guess?

The night before, I informed Jefran that I’m going to DVBS, and I am so ecstatic to say that to him. I don’t know if he’s happy too. Haha. And yes, everything is going out in plan. So, I took a bath (but prior to that went to the store to buy soap, luckily the store was open that early).

Then, I saw that Jefran was online. Woot. And I pm’d him.

Kennethix08: yo gooooood morning j'puran
jepuran: good morning!
kennethix08: paalis na ako. hahaha
kennethix08: ang agaaaa hahaha
kennethix08: daig ko pa sa aga ang excited sa field triiiip haha
jepuran: ahahahahaah
jepuran: 7:30 devotion e
kennethix08: asar naman bat bawal slippers. T_T haha
kennethix08: ohhhh?? 7.30???
kennethix08: maabutan ko kaya yun? hahahah
jepuran: sige.. .go go go ka lang..
jepuran: hahahaha
kennethix08: wahaha
kennethix08: sa registration pa ba ako?
kennethix08: o demoted na ako dahil matagal akong walaaa??
kennethix08: XD
jepuran: uu kasam mo si emir..

Yah, I was already dressed then, with my things fixed in my clutch bag. I’m set! :D weeee! Then, my mother asked me to load her and buy coffee, creamer and sugar. “Sure,” I said and hurriedly I went to the sari-sari store and bought those items, except for sugar, which I forgot and that required me to go back to the store again, thus, wasting time. Hmpt.

6:30am. I went down the house and to the street corner, and it is time for me to wait for a jeepney. Yes. Wait.

Well, this “jeepney” issue has been messing up on me. Since my February 2009 post at WhitePanorama, the “On Board Bus Number Zero”… jeepneys have really been a problem at Clark ever since.

Hey. It is elections. What do I expect?

Three jeepneys passed and they are not going to Main Gate, they are going to the precinct. 30 minutes after, more jeepneys are on the road, but they are fetching voters, and not commuters. 30 minutes more, and I am fed up. Almost fed up. :[

It was 8:20am when I went up the house again to text Ate Jack, saying that I am having a problem with the transportation out of Clark. I can’t walk the distance; it’ll take me 12 hours. I have no other means of transportation. T_____T

8:30am. (I guess?) I decided to go down again and try my luck for another jeepney, well, hoping that God will give me that much awaited jeepney. I have waited for this day for two weeks, and hey, here it is. Haha.

9:00am. T_T

9:30am. T___T

9:45am. “O nanjan ka pa?” my mother said.

“Walang jip eh.”

“Wala talaga. Eleksyon eh.”

“Hihintay pa ako.”

10:00am. T___________T


I went up in the house at around 10:15am. And yes, another mission failed. I told everyone that I’ll be going at DVBS. Well, that is another cup of words to swallow for I never made it. Get the ride past 10am and I’ll be there when the school is over. I’ll try my luck tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the television is kinda boring. All I am watching is a full election coverage. Four hours wait, achieved nothing, but learned something. To the impatient voters, it is not only you who waited for four hours uncomfortably, I suffered the same fate though I am not a voter. Anyways, I still want to be there and I’ll do it tomorrow.

Have a peaceful election day everyone. :D and please vote G1BO. Haha! (super plugsss)

(Now, I’m suffering gum ache. T_T)

No comments: