April 24, 2010

The 20 Influences (Part 1)

The 20 MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE OF MY HIGH SCHOOL LIFE.

Change. This is one thing that we are all subject to. We are all in to it, and no one can be immune from this word. Change is what drives the world, and in face, change is what we are. Our mere existence is a change, but on our lives, there are some people who bring you the most change than any other.

Welcome to my high school life: a period of great transition from being a cute, cuddly, white-skinned, short kid to a tall, dark and not-so-cute man. Haha. From an immature, innocent and ill-mannered boy to a matured, not-so-innocent and more ill-mannered monster that I am today. Hahaha.

High school life is a journey that I’ll just never ever ever forget; I have changed so much, and yes, there are persons in this life of mine that have put many changes. These are the people that have molded me into what I am. I can say that without them, there will be no Kenneth at all. So if you think I am a menace in this society, these are the people to blame! Hahaha! And if you think I am one of the best things that came to be in this world, you should thank this persons.

Now, listed here are the Top 20 persons who have left their mark on me during my high school life, who have changed me so much. They are the most influential persons of my high school life. The ranking is based on 13 different factors, all computed to get the final percentage. The factors include Idol Factor, Academic Impact, Spiritual Impact, Habit Change, Lovelife Change, Degree of Closeness, Length of Time Together and Attitude Change.

The total score is 100, and of course, no one can ever perfect it, but some have come close. Haha. Let’s start the countdown! :D (Some descriptions may be too incomplete. On most of the entries, I keep what I learned from them as private.)

20. Jimenez, Charlotte (41 / 100)

She’s a major character in my high school life. She is the Top 2 of the class from first year to second year, and that keeps me studying hard. My experiences with her had taught me so much, from her lovelife journey back then, to the way she acts on things. Her unique personality is one thing to learn from.

Tied in 18. Tacut, Claudine Ann (42 / 100)

Claudine. Haha. That complex personality under her more complex body. haha. She is a risk-taker and an adventurous person. After three years of Alay-Lakad, two years of being jeepneymates and two years of being classmates, I learned a lot from this woman who knows no boundaries. She’s a lover, and yeah, her love journey is one story to have something to learn on. With her smile and her hugs, she sure has changed me a lot.

Again in 18. Carlos, Danielle (42 / 100)

Who would not see Danielle in the classroom? As for me, I see her everyday. One of the most attractive ladies in the campus, Danielle owns a stunning beauty that in its simplicity, becomes elegant. I somehow idolize her: a good speaker (with that killer accent), a talented dancer (yes, and the moooves), a smart student (she won’t be Ampere for nothing) and a personality that completely rocks.

Last at 18. Medina, Amir (42 / 100)

Starting from first year, Amir has changed so much, and along that change comes some things that I realized from him. He was my seatmate during our freshmen year, and he was that boastful, arrogant kid who wants to play pranks on kids. Today, he is now a loved comedian and a concerned friend to all, one thing that I want to do myself – improve. His life is different from most of us, an only child with his father abroad, and what I do is learn from who he is.

16. Soriano, Maria Mia (43 / 100)

A strong teacher who does not only teach the much loved subject of Computer, but teaches values in ways that you’ll really remember. “A short pen is better than a long memory,” I quote. Haha. I still remember how she scolds us during the Clash days, and how she cheers me on anything. I love HTML, and that’s one thing that I learned from her. She is one of the few persons who have emphasized responsibility on me.

Tied at 14.5 Guira, Joephomer (45 / 100)

He left, and I replaced him. That became the case. Haha. He is the Top 1 of the batch before me and the EIC of our school paper before me. I’ve been with him in Baguio and in RSPC. Many find my attitude quite similar to his. He is a great essayist and a poster maker, two talents that I really want to have. He has this humor that will keep everyone laughing and noisy.

Also at 14.5 Santos, Annie Rose (45 / 100)

She is the silent woman who knocks a punch from within. She is a great artist – a painter, an illustrator, a poster maker, a flutist and a pianist. She advices great when I have problems and she always has her simple ways to make you feel special. She is one person to learn things from, for she, herself, still searches for answers in her life. She taught me how to appreciate little things around me.

Part 2, continued some other day. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow !! and2 aq haha tnx :)
yeeeeeee :D