April 26, 2010

The 20 Influences (Part 2)

Well, ever wondered where those numbers came from, the ratings? Well, here is the formula I devised to calculate the 20 most influential persons of my high school life. This is the pointing scheme :D

20 points – Time Spent Together – 20 if you were there since first year and 5 if only for one year.
15 points – Idol / Crush Factor – the role models of my life
10 points – Academic Impact – one who has changed my studies
10 points – Spiritual Impact – one who has opened me up and renewed my faith
10 points – Degree of Closeness – have we been close or just an acquaintance?
10 points – Attitude Change – one who has changed the way I act
10 points – Verbal Change – one who has changed the way I speak
10 points – Habitual Change – one who has changed what I do regularly
10 points – Knowledge Change – one who has contributed into what I know now of the world
10 points – Perceptional Change – one who has changed my outlook and the way I view the future
10 points – Lovelife Change – one who has changed the way I love.
5 points – Social Network Change – one who has introduced me to many people
5 points – First Time Experiences – one who has given me that first time experience on many things

That sums up to 125. Then, multiply the result by 0.8 and then round it off.

A recap of the Top 14 – 20 :D by the way, I was shocked at who is the second placer after my computation. Only after the computation that I realized that he/she had impacted me that much. Who is he/she? Surprise. Back to the recap.

14.5 Annie Rose Santos (45/100)
14.5 Joephomer Guira (45/100)
16 Mrs. Maria Mia Soriano (43/100)
18 Amir Medina (42/100)
18 Danielle Carlos (42/100)
18 Claudine Ann Tacut (42/100)
20 Charlotte Jimenez (41/100)

Now at 13. Morcilla, Annabeth (47/100)

The short physique with a big impact, that is Annabeth. She is my idol in feature writing. I also like her humor, her advices, her leadership, her ideas and her artistic instincts. There are so many things to gain from her. We have been groupmates on many projects, been through houses with her, and went to Nueva Ecija with her for the regionals. Her attitude on things is just plain amazing, and she is one of the few girls I admire.

Her lovelife is one story worthy of claps, imagine more than one year? I also like her attitude – her green-mindedness, her being outgoing and her wild thoughts on many things. Her principles in life are things to learn from.

12. Mrs. Aurea Dungca (49/100)

A class adviser I would most never forget. She is the person who have changed the way I view class advisers. She imposed unto me self-confidence, a priceless asset that I now own today. Included in her pointers for us is initiative and self-discipline. She is an adviser who really aims to change her students, and yes, she did that to me.

I was elected as the treasurer of the class during second year, and that had also given me a big impact. I also remember that killer poem of mine which made buzzes on our classroom when she talked about it. Now, I kinda learned to be careful on my words. There are so many values to learn from her, and these are just some of it.

11. David, Paul Daniel (50/100)

The first entry in the upper-half mark area of the score. Paul is a person who I am with for so long that I guess I have picked up something from him. He had affected my words, my speaking and my perception on people. He showed me the meaning of concern, and his being over-acting and over expressive had taught me a lot. His strength against critics and his immunity against teases is one thing I admire.

He shares a lot from his experiences, though sometimes it sounds fabricated, and from those little stories I learn big things. He is my classmate since first year, and all these years, yes, the impact collectively is big.

10. Baluyut, Karla Ann (51/100)

Grabbing the tenth spot is another non-human. Haha. Kidding. It’s Karla. Karla is a person whose life story can be compared to a very dramatic episode of MMK. She had been through ups and down, both in her studies, family relationship and lovelife. Her stories are amazing, and her personality above it all is even more amazing. Her life is a novel with moral lessons in its every chapter.

She taught me the definition of care. She appreciates and is one of the kindest person I have known. She shares to me thoughts and asks me for advices, and from those moments I learn from her. I also admire her craftsmanship and artistry.

9. Aguilar, Alvin (52/100)

On the ninth spot is Alvin. He is one of the few multi-talented persons I know. He is a dedicated boy scout, a formidable table tennis player, a badminton player and a computer expert – some of the things I also really want to know about. He is also a drummer and a guitarist once, and that makes me admire him more.

Alvin is also great when he wants for you to realize things. He made me realize that giving up means letting go of what you believe, and that we need to pursue our goals. Maybe soon, I’ll be drinking up my nightly glass of milk, too.

8. Saco, Maria Vhinna (53/100)

The inspiration to the long chin. Another person with a big impact on my life is Vhinna, who coincidentally, lands on the eighth place. She made me realize the word “appreciation” can mean so much. She taught me so much about love – that hearts are fragile and that promises should not be broken. Well, she also taught me that love comes with troubles.

We have been classmates since second year, and as time passes, her impact is growing heavily. I also admire her dedication to things and her strength in spite all of the trials.

======

I'm getting freakishly excited for the next entries! haha! :D Place your bets. haha.

1 comment:

rErEnxzs[mOe] said...

haha c vhinna .. ryt kenneth she also taught me how to be appreciative .. nung second year tayo .. kasama ko lagi yang bruha na yan :))