April 25, 2010

Ode to Oval

Woot. Another poem for my eighth post this April. Haha. Out of my boredom, loneliness and hard feelings this Sunday, my poetic instincts kicked in again.

There is this one place in my high school life that every weekend bonding happens. All the picnics, the practices and even my lone recollections with myself happen here. This is Stotsenberg Park, popularly known as Oval. Located a few meters in front of Comclark’s façade, and just at the doorstep of Mimosa, the Oval is a wide grassy area where joggers flock in everyday to exercise. Its very wide empty space of grassy patch, along with the ambience of Clark makes it very ideal for picnics and practices. Well, this poem is all about OVAL.

Woot, and this is my first ever nature poem. I’m just a beginner in this type of poems so please compensate my weakness. Haha. Anyways, this is it.

=============================

Ode to Oval

A patch of luscious grass springing up from the lands,
Nature’s great offer in midst of concrete islands,
Where hidden thoughts roam free to heaven and beyond,
Where tranquil and gladness meet to create their bond.

The sun-touched grassy fields extend to meet the sky;
Guarding sides are the trees whose lush leaves soar up high.
Their majestic branches pamper the soil below;
Around their mighty trunks, our Nature’s beauty grow.

The autumn leaves do fall to meet the solid ground;
The calming breeze do blow, making a soothing sound.
Playful leaves will rustle, clapping to the planet,
Mother Nature’s music is readily on set.

The aerial balladeers will join the melody;
The birds extend their wings in perfect harmony,
And as the cool wind crawl on dancing, waving grass,
The overture just waits for eternity to pass.

Rising from the distance, a wall of compact earth,
Shielding the green meadows for all the things its worth.
Kissing the floating clouds on their endless contact,
The mountains shall stand tall; forever they are locked.

The clouds wander lightly on a big blue canvas,
Where vision knows no end, to galaxies it lasts.
A ceaseless horizon of awe-inspiring sight,
A sanctuary of peace where feelings take their flight.

To the Oval, to the Oval is where I want to be,
Its heart-warming embrace is what my tired heart needs.
To its welcoming hands is where I want to lay,
To her carefree ambience is where I want to stay.

No comments: