April 15, 2010

Impervious :(

And at last, another poem. This poem is plainly about bitterness – the words from a rejection. This poem describes someone who has lost his self-respect for love. Though his love for someone brings him pain – all the tears, the emo moments, the heartbreak and the bitterness, he still keeps on loving that person.

Dedicated to YOU and all the bitter lovers out there. Hahaha!

Why can’t I keep my smile?
Why can’t I be happy?
Why in a little while
I grow my self-pity?
My imperviousness
Is fading like fine dust;
This turmoil is endless;
Forever it will last.

I’m facing the mirror
In minutes of silence;
In front is a horror,
A drama so intense.
I’m staring hopelessly
Feeling my self-despair;
And the glass reflects me
With a heart so impaired.

When love grows embittered,
From crush to obsession,
From peace to disaster
To my self-destruction.
A heart starts to expect,
Then slapped by rejection,
Lost is my self-respect,
My heart’s with incisions.

When friends go enemies,
The glass will go tainted.
The company you’ll miss
The joy dispirited.
You call her your friend once,
Can’t do that anymore;
She closed her heart’s entrance,
Cannot walk through that door.

I am impervious,
Well, that is what I thought.
Whichever road I choose,
There’s no pain life has brought.
I can bear any pain;
I can hide all my tears.
I can get through the rain;
I can conquer my fears.

And yes I am so wrong;
My foundation grew weak.
My shield for not so long
Is beginning to creak.
The tears I could not bear
From flowing out my eyes;
The world would never care;
I am everyone’s despised.

Hear my scream! Hear my cry!
Bitterness will not end!
Love will live, it won’t die,
Though it’s grief that it sends.
When love goes uncontrolled,
When love becomes your foe,
Take the ride, tightly hold
TWIN OF LOVE IS SORROW.

No comments: