April 21, 2010

Walking in the Dark

Woot. And another poem for the week. This poem was inspired by Jefran Olingay (special credits) haha. A few days ago, he posted his original poem on his notes, which is entitled “Untitled for Him”. It is a poem about God. That made me realize that all this time I am writing poems, I have never written a single one to the most worthy to have it. That calls me to make a poem for God.

Weeee, and this is my first poem for God, to God and about God. This gives me one of the best purposes for my poetry – to express how He works, to spread His good news, to share His love to everyone and to praise Him.

“Walking in the Dark” talks about a person, who has nothing to call life. He wanted to end his mere existence, and when he is on the brink of suicide, God called him to follow. From that point on, he was enlightened about life. God showed him the way. He was given the strength to start again, and ended up living a happy life.

WALKING IN THE DARK

I was lost and fatigued; I am a curse to all,
Pushed forcedly by people to my personal fall.
I am dire and hopeless; this life should be over
For no one cares for me, no one will remember.

An outcast from my land, an exile to my friends,
I spent my life alone from the start to the end.
I’m walking in the dark, welcoming open death;
My every step is blind; to doom my fate is set.

Oh light! Give me some light! I’m walking in the dark.
There’s no glimmer of hope, not a faint little spark.
Oh where is my guidance? Where’s my enlightenment?
I’ve been through great sorrows, this perilous torment.

I’m on the edge of life; I want to end it now.
Death, I will surrender! Oh sorrow, I will bow!
I aimed a stainless knife to slit my fragile neck;
Hopelessness is the cause; suicide’s the effect.

“Come with Me, take My hand,” a voice called upon me.
Hesitating, I asked, “what is it You bring me?”
“I bring you light and hope on your sorrowful walk.
Bring life to your spirit and save your soul,” He talked.

And yes, He gave me eyes to help me walk along;
The vision of His words made me suffer no long.
He is the brightest light on all the darkest paths;
He is our one big love amidst surrounding wrath.

The feet that were once weak, now grew to be sturdy;
The walk that was twisted, now came to be steady.
Today I can go through any path of any length
For I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

He held my trembling hand and showed me His own light,
One I have never seen, one that glimmers so bright,
And by my steadfast faith, he opened up my eyes,
Showed me what’s happiness, led me to paradise.

END!
Glory to God :)

No comments: